Saturday, December 31, 2005

Out with the Old

To truly wrap up 2005, the whole work issue has resolved itself. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. Ok, so that's probably the most over-quoted statement when it comes to endings, but it was rather true in this case.

Leaving the office was terribly easy since, due to the holidays, hardly anyone was in the office. I dropped my key off and left. And that was that. There wasn't even the chance to give my boss the double-pump, double-fisted finger.

Well, I'm not that sort of guy but, damn, that would have been sweet.

Like putting in my notice to move out of my apartment, it hasn't really hit me yet. It's still the weekend, so nothing has changed. I'm still doing my weekend routine ("habit and routine make my life possible" - I'm feeling the need to watch Memento...). I think there's going to be some sort of emotional response come Monday morning.

A freak-out, maybe?

No comments: