Thursday, February 02, 2006

Finally Done

I'm out of my apartment. Homeless. Officially a vagabond.

I handed over my keys with little fanfare and lament yesterday. Sure, I'll miss the apartment. It was a damn fine apartment. A little old, a few cracks here and there, but a nice apartment. It was always warm and comfortable. An excellent place to spend time, if one were so inclined.

I really never was.

I'm not, as it turns out, a homebody. I get really antsy if I'm cooped up all day. Which also then proceeds to surprise me how much time I do spend indoors. I do need to get out of the house, but I usually will go and spend that time indoors somewhere else. I seem destined to become one of those people who spend all their waking moments walking around malls for the climate control, or sitting in coffee shops discussing how things used to be better.

Which is odd, the latter prediction, since I do spend an inordinate amount of time discussing how much better things were under the previous administration. All I can say, at least economically, things are bound to get worse regardless of the party in power. We're about to dry up the well of hyperconsumerism sooner than later. Then, who'll be left holding any cash?

Not me, that's for sure. I'll probably blow it all on traveling abroad.

And Now For Something Completely Different...

A note about The People's Temple playing at the Guthrie: it's just not good. I don't consider myself a true devotee of theatre, but I've seen enough to know what I would like or dislike. It was flat, uninteresting, with strange flow and poor production of tension. The cast was likewise flat, their performances inspiring very little interest in the subject matter. The only saving grace was that the performers were allowed to where many different roles as they played each testimonial.

I think it is only playing for another few weeks, but my recommendation is to avoid it.

No comments: