Friday, February 03, 2006

Prep Work

I should be studying Spanish. I should be looking over my guide book and planning out an loose itinerary. I should be checking over my travel supplies and make sure that I have all my bases covered. What have I been doing with my time to prepare for this trip?

I've been dancing.

Weird, I know, but true. It's good prep work. Gets me thinking about balance, movement, and dancing with a partner (as opposed to dancing by myself, which, as it turns out, is not that useful). If I plan to go done and dance tango, I really need to be as comfortable with it all as I can possibly be. So this is good. I've gone dancing three times this week, I'll go again tomorrow.

The Waltz has lately been one of my favorites. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with it's elegance and grace. I don't consider myself terribly graceful, even when dancing the waltz. It does get me closer. Of course, it's very hard to dance in a smaller space. It needs breathing room.

Swing is not bad either, mainly because I'm most practiced at it. I think it (it being East Coast Swing) is one of the easiest dances to learn and lead. It has a certain amount of energy, making it both fun to do and watch.

As for Tango, eh, what can I say? It's beautiful..

...when not lead by me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you insist you're coming back.. yet also want to learn the local dance, language, intricacies of real estate and marriage traditions. Interesting.

Sorry... right, right.. must keep up appearances. Uh, see you in a month then.