Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Here I Am Back Home Again..."

I'm back in Buenos Aires, to finish out the trip. Hopped of the bus, checked in, cleaned up and rushed off to the first tango lesson of the week.

It's good to be back.

Having a few days off really helped, I think. It gave some time to let it sink in. The subconscious seems to have done its job, because I felt more comfortable in the class then I had the first week. Not that I'm necessarily any better, I just feel more comfortable.

It's like anything, really. A new subject can be quite hard to learn when studied intensively. The brain needs time to process, create connections, reinforce the old ones, and clean up the useless bits[1]. Then the brain can really start to work on new things.

It's nice to be back to the hostel, as well. A few of the people I met before I left are still here. Nice to see familiar faces and places. I'm sure I've said it before, but this is a really comfortable city. I could easily live here. Yeah, I've said that about a lot of places: Paris, New York, Seattle, San Francisco. Just another one to add to the list of places I really like.

A Brief Note for the Nextel Folks[2]

Get into the Buenos Aires market. Nextel is in like Flynn down here. I haven't seen this much push-to-talk since the great walkie-talkie craze of 1983. Translate that junk into Spanish, open a sales office, and get on it.

Chirp, chirp.

[1] OK, so I probably need months of clean up time to get rid of all the useless bits.

[2] You know who you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

useless bits of info?

time to defrag

knobboy said...

defrag then reboot