Sunday, January 29, 2006

Prattlin'

I'm starting to get the sense that I might be just prattling on about absolute nonsense. It's like I've gone all Abe Simpson on my meager readership:
Like the time we went over to shelbyville during the war, I wore an onion on my belt....which was the style at the time...you couldn't get those white ones, you could only get those big yellow ones.................Now where was I........Oh yeah, the important thing was I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time, you couldn't get those...[1]
I at least feel that, for the most part, I tend to keep a rather coherent structure on my posts. I have been accused of prattling on about nothing. I have, in fact, in the past railed against the use of blogs as a way to just talk about nothing. Am I a hypocrite?

As For Things to Prattle on About...

I'm close to done on having things packed up for the movers. I'm need to get everything finished up this afternoon. There are a few things they won't be taking, so I don't have to work about that stuff too much. All that's really left to do is my clothes for storage, my records and home office. Three more days...

I haven't really been able to think about the trip very much. This move has sort of sucked up all the worry. I have, at least, booked myself a room for the first few nights. That takes all of the worry out of me. It's the summer season there, so I was a little worried that I had waited too long to make those reservations. Getting the room so easily actually assuages my fears that I'd have trouble finding places for the rest of the trip.

Well, when it all happens, I'll tell you all about it. In rambling detail...

[1] Ok, so I know this is from The Simpsons, but I have no idea which episode. They all kind of run together on me. Like that time I tried to make omelets with only oil and margarine. It was back during the Great War. I'm not taking that one against the Germans, but the Big One, you know, the one with the Germans. Well, anyway, we couldn't get eggs during that time, up at the front. All they would ship us was cooking oil,margarine, and these little tea biscuits. Well, we saved those biscuits for our afternoon tea. We learned how to drink tea from a British unit that was stationed just north of us there. They were a crazy bunch, with their "Cheery-o's" and "Pip-pips." Well, anyway, that was the summer that Private Doyle broke his one teacup, because he hadn't learned to keep only his pinky off the cup...

Zzzz....zzz....zzz...

No comments: